Addlestone Town Trail
Addlestone Park

Addlestone Park
Knight at Civic Offices
Knight as it may have looked
 
 
Two stone knights, nearly life size and now in safe storage by Runnymede Council. They used to stand on brick pedestals at the entrance to this road before 1972. They may have been located by Sir Charles Wetherell of Sayes Court in 1823, or later by Daniel Thorne, antique dealer of Addlestone Park House, or come from Tudor House (Darley Dene) on the site of the Civic Offices in Station Road (extended in 1985).

Next
Return to Interactive Map