Addlestone Town Trail
Albert Road and St. Augustine's School and Church

St. Augustine's Church
St.Augustine's Church organ
St. Augustine's School, 1985
Regency Court on school site, 2001
Steadman's - former Albert Dairy building, 1988
Albert Road, 2001

The footpath across the Bourne leads into the 1880s period Albert Road. In 1882 the second school in Addlestone was built here, St. Augustine's School, which was also the first St. Augustine's Church, used as such until the "Tin Church" was built across the Weybridge Road. The present (third) St. Augustine's was built in 1939. Its organ is much older - an eighteenth century one given by the Locke King family. The Albert Dairy used to stand on the corner with Station Road, which became Steadman's builders. It is now demolished and replaced by flats; the school was demolished in 1986 and replaced by Regency Court. The allotments by the footpath are now St. Augustine's Green, a small public open space.

 

Next
Return to Interactive Map