Addlestone Town Trail
Coxes Lock Mill

Coxes Lock Mill and Pond
Coxes Lock Mill
Mill machinery
 
 
Beyond the extensive mill pond which used to power the machinery with a good head of water, the footpath passes by this mill complex, possibly named after a lock-keeper called Coxe. From 1783 an iron mill on this site, owned by iron-master Alexander Raby, handled ore possibly mined on St. George's Hill. It went through a number of changes of use until converted for flour milling in 1829. It was extended in 1887 and a new silo tower was erected in 1969, but flour production ceased in 1983. It has now been converted into flats.

 

Next
Return to Interactive Map