Addlestone Town Trail
St. Paul's Church

St. Paul's Church
Coronation Gardens
The Red Room
 
 

The church was completed in 1838 at a cost of £3,760, altered and enlarged several times, especially 1883 and 1903. Memorials and windows inside are well worth study. Addlestone became a separate parish in 1857. To the west was the Vicarage, built for £986, including piggeries to the back; this is now demolished, the present vicarage being adjacent to the church. To the east lie the Gardens, formed out of former burial ground, to mark the 1953 Coronation. Nearby, forming part of the RAOB Club, is the "Red Room", a late Victorian parish reading room, later used as a workshop by the school.

Next
Return to Interactive Map