Addlestone Town Trail
Railway Station

The Station
Woburn Park Hotel - 1988
The flats - 2001
The Broadway sign 1988
The Broadway sign 2001
The station was built in 1848 when the L&SWR completed the Weybridge-Chertsey Railway, with the platform originally on the south side of the crossing. Note the fine cast-iron pillars on the present platforms. The journey to London at first took 50 minutes. The adjacent Woburn Park Hotel, now demolished and replaced by flats, was built in 1884, about the same time as the shops to the west of the crossing, then known as the Broadway (see the plaque above a shop).

Next
Return to Interactive Map